Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Yegg and Argosy

I love words and subscribe to two word-a-day emails. One from Merriam Webster, the other from A.Word.A.Day. Because I can't ever think of anything good to blog about, I'm starting an experiment that challenges me to use any meaning of both words in a sentence or three using my Poppy Markham: Culinary Cop characters.


My two words from yesterday: yegg and argosy. Oy.
  • During a surprise health inspection, Poppy surprised a yegg relieving Austin's restaurants of their argosies of armagnac.
  • Ursula opened Markham's walk-in door and held back the octopus while she eyed the yegg delivering the argosy of prosciutto, veal, and tomatoes for Saturday's Italian Independence Day menu.
  • Nina once claimed that her two Chinese Hairless Cresteds, Dolce & Gabbana, stopped a yegg from breaking into her room safe on an argosy bound for Greece. (She referred to herself as the "rich cargo.") The thief was apprehended at poolside when Nina pointed out the pinprick toothmarks on his ankles.
 Can you make a sentence with these two words? Leave it in the comments.

No comments: