Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A PSA for CSA

When I first had the idea to write my restaurant-based mystery series, I subscribed to several trade publications in the interest of research. As a former waitress and bartender, I had plenty of experience in the front of the house, but not so much with the back, except to breeze through the kitchen on my way to the walk-in to gather lemons to prep, or to beg the dishwasher for a clean ramekin in which to serve salad dressing on the side. (Why-oh-why do people order it on the side and then immediately drench their salad with every drop?). Also, I’m not much of a home cook, so I didn’t even have that going for me.

Read the rest of my guest post at Kings River Life Magazine. You'll have to scroll down past the (poorly edited) review of my book, which is more of a summary and contains spoilers.

No comments: